My dear husband

We celebrated 16 years of being married yesterday. Here is a little about our story: James was raised in many different places, but I lived in one town all my life. My sophomore year in college I was working at a "C" camp; it was the last week of the summer, and we (camp workers) had the choice of staying or going home. I looked at who was coming to camp and decided to stay. My reasons were: 1. It was a "C" college, coming for a retreat before classes started. 2. It was expensive to go to this college, so you had to have some money to be going, 3. You could only get a engineering or aviation degree, so he would have some money after he left. 4. At the time it has 7 guys for everyone 1 girl. So what was a girl to do!?  Well, I stayed, and we meet. We dated for 2 years and then were married. So after moving 13 times in the past 16 years, you just never know where you will be. Our father has a since of humor sometimes.  

I have a wonderful husband. He has a great relationship with our father, and he leads our family to the altar. He makes it a point to spend time with the kids and with me on a daily basis. He teaches and trains our children to love their father. He makes it a point to show me he loves me in many different ways, helping around the house, flowers, and telling me, just to name a few.

So today I just wanted to say "Thank you" to my husband for everything that he does and that "I love him" with all my heart.

Ann

2 comments:

maverick_ncsu said...

We are so happy for you two. As we are still shy of two years, you are an encouragement in world that tells you to bail out before it gets difficult. We love you guys and hope your anniversary is/was a blast. And hey, you're in Thailand, how great is that?

James Garriss said...

Thanks, Ryan. Speaking of not bailing, in our gathering this morning we heard a short testimony from a couple married for 63 years.