Thanksgiving

I had been serving as the Interim Pastor at a church, and right at the 6 month point they hired a Pastor.  The timing was wonderful, because I finished the week before Thanksgiving, which allowed me to spend a lot more time with my family over the holidays.  Ann, unsurprisingly, was amazing.  We had turkey, dressing, potatoes, green beens, and cranberries--all delicious!

Delicious smells filled the house the moment Ann and Emmy started sautéing the onions and celery.

111124 Prep Work

Ann grew up on cornbread dressing; I grew up on oyster stuffing, which she stuffs in the turkey.  She makes both for Thanksgiving; my wife is amazing!  And it's really good.

111124 Stuffing the Bird

Ann's fine china hasn't seen much action the last few years, so it was good to bring it out to host our friends, the Parks family.

111124 Fine China

No comments: