Multi-Site Churches

There's a lot of interest these days in starting up satellite churches or multi-campus churches.  Although a lot of people are saying how neat it is, I'm not hearing a lot of talk about how biblical it is.  I understand that some pastors have figured out how to make it work pragmatically, but the question I have is, "What does the Bible have to say about this idea?"

I was very interested to hear that a book has been written about the subject:  The Multi-Site Church Revolution.  I was really hoping they would deal with the theology, but apparently I'm to be disappointed.  To be fair, I haven't read the book yet myself; but I have read John Hammett's review (Hammett's a prof at Southeastern).  In short, the book is high on pragmatism and short on theology.  Bummer.  So for the moment, I remain skeptical.

No comments: