Testing Windows Live Writer (Beta)

Although I own my own domain, I blog using Blogger, which makes posting my blog entries very easy.  The default way to post is to log in at the Blogger website and use their web-based editor.  But web-based editors like this are usually short on features, not to mention inconvenient.  What I need is a blog editor that is its own Windows program.

For the last couple years I've used w.bloggar.  It's ok.  It works.  But it's quirky to say the least.  And probably 20% of the time it tells me it can't submit the post to my website.  I have no idea why.  Maybe it's not even w.bloggar's fault, but it sure is annoying.  So I've been on the lookout for a new editor.

Then I found Windows Live Writer.  It's a new blog editor from Microsoft.  Although designed to work with Live Spaces, it works with a variety of other blogs as well.  So I'm giving it a try.  So far so good. 

Now let's see if this baby can actually publish to my blog...

No comments: