Oyster dressing

Ok, I'm going to brag on my wife a bit. You see, yesterday was Thanksgiving, and Ann made the most yummiest oyster dressing. I think she's surpassed even my mom's skills in this area. But here's the coolest part about the dressing: Ann makes it even though I'm the only one who likes it. Neither she nor the kids care for oysters, so when she puts in the extra time to make it, she's doing it for just one person. Plus, she still has to make cornbread dressing for everyone else. My wife's the best.

Oyster Dressing

1 stick butter
1 onion -- chopped
5 stalks celery -- chopped
14 ounces pepperridge farm stuffing
1 can oysters -- chopped
1/4 cup parsley, fresh
1 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoons sage
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 eggs
6 cups turkey stock

Melt one stick of butter and saute in onion and celery. In a large bowl, mix pepperridge farm stuffing with water on package. Add fresh oysters. Add parsley, basil, sage, salt, paprika, eggs. Mix well. Add turkey stock. Add enough to make stuffing sloppy. Stuff turkey and bake as per turkey directions. Put remainder of dressing in casserole and bake one hour.

No comments: