Walking with Emmy

Earlier this week Emmy and I went walking in the neighborhood behind our condo complex. We saw a big spider on a 6 ft tall web and a small snake (about 6 inches long). But the best part of the walk was the conversation, which ranged over a variety of topics including biology: "Daddy, do spiders poop?" (I don't seem to remember this from my biology class, but I said yes anyway.) and theology: "Daddy, is God on the moon?" I told her that since God is everywhere, yes, He's on the moon, and in fact He's here with us right now. She thought about that for a moment before replying, "Yes, He's right here on my shoulder."

Matthew 18:2-3 Calling a little child forward, [Jesus] had him stand among them. Then he said, "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven."

You need the faith of a four-year-old to get into the kingdom of heaven.

No comments: